Today’s favorite place is from Darcey Wunker¬†of Adventures in India
Darcey’s Favorite Place:¬†Delhi India
Why She Loves Delhi“Delhi has been around for centuries in various forms, from Indraprastha to Lutyens’ Delhi, and there is something for everyone. If you are interested in religion, there are Catholic churches and Baha’i houses of worship; if you are love food, you can sample Mughal cuisine and Old Delhi’s famous sweets. History, architecture, culture, and shopping experiences abound. There’s no place like Delhi!”
Darcey’s Favorite Things to Do and See in Delhi
- Visit Humayun’s Tomb, the inspiration for the Taj Mahal.
- Go shopping – Dilli Haat, Sarojini Nagar, Chandni Chowk…
- Visit the Qutub Minar complex in southern Delhi.
- Have lunch at Kareem’s, nearby Jama Masjid.
- If there’s a cultural or religious festival going on, don’t miss it!
An American expat currently in India with a background in linguistics, languages (yes, they’re different!) and history, Darcey currently lives in northern India with her husband where she studies Hindi and dabbles in other languages, and has recently begun to blog about travel as an expat.