Trip Logic is supported by our readers. When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commision.
When it comes to traveling in style, tote bags have no competition. You can purchase tote bags in a staggering number of designs and colors, as well as several different sizes.
In addition to being fashionable, they tend to be extremely functional as well. Totes are often quite large, providing ample space for anything you’d like to bring with you. They’re also very accessible, allowing you to grab or pack items in a hurry.
I know that sorting through thousands of similar products to find the right one can be a frustrating experience. To aid you in your search, I’ve compiled a list of the top 7 best travel totes currently on the market.
1. Baggallini Avenue Tote
- THE PERFECT CARRY-ON: With a lightweight, roomy design, Baggallini’s Avenue tote is the perfect bag for traveling or as a catch-all everyday purse.
- ZIPPERED POCKETS: A padded 10” by 13” laptop pocket keeps your computer safe, while other zippered pockets secure your must-have essentials so they’re ready to go.
- MACHINE WASHABLE: No worry if you get this bag dirty or want it to look brand new. To wash, remove wristlet, place in a washing bag or pillow case, and wash in warm water with mild detergent. Stuff pockets to maintain shape while airdrying
- FITS ON LUGGAGE HANDLE: The Avenue tote has a sleeve that slips on the handle of your rolling suitcase for hands-free travel.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND WATER RESISTANT: Our water-resistant travel tote weighs 1 lb., 4 oz. and measures 12” tall, 18” wide, and 5.5” deep with a 52” adjustable and removable strap.
This tote is higher-end in terms of price, but it’s absolutely worth the cost. It comes in a simple yet elegant design, and it’s relatively lightweight.
- Can be bought in a wide range of unique colors and styles, including black, red, purple, green and
- Weighs a light 1.4 pounds, and measures 13 x 12 x 6 inches.
- Comes with a removable shoulder strap, allowing for easy and comfortable carrying.
- Contains a large number of pockets: 5 interior slip pockets, 1 interior zip pocket, and 3 exterior zip pockets.
- Main compartment is zippered, which provides additional security.
2. ArcEnCiel Women’s Canvas Tote Bag
- Simple design with high quality
- Approx Dimensions : 12.6" L x 3.5" W x 13" H
- Made of durable canvas with fabric lining,zipper closure
- Multiple purpose bag with 2 inside pouches;1 main compartment;1 interior zipper pouch
- Perfect for day trips, vacation, travel, day hikes, school, camping and shopping
The ArcEnCiel Women’s Tote is a more basic bag, but it comes in a highly stylish design and is relatively inexpensive.
- Simple yet stylish striped design. Can be purchased in three different color schemes.
- Made of thick canvas material with a fabric lining, making it durable and tough.
- Super lightweight, weighing only 11.2 ounces. One of the lightest totes on the list.
- Measures 12.6 x 3.5 x 13 inches.
- In addition to the main compartment, the tote also contains two inside pouches and one interior zipper pouch.
3. ECOSUSI Women Fashion Nylon Shoulder Tote Bag
This travel tote is the cheapest bag on the list, so it’s a great option if you’re looking to cut costs. Despite its price tag, it still maintains a sufficient degree of quality.
- Solid-color design that can be purchased in blue, light gray or red.
- Made of water-resistant nylon material, which protects it from damage and makes it extremely easy to clean.
- Very lightweight, weighing only 12 ounces. Its dimensions are 11.8 x 6.3 x 10.1 inches.
- In addition to its main zippered compartment, it boasts two interior multi-function pockets as well as a zippered pocket.
4. NNEE Large Water Resistant Nylon Tote Bag
- High Quality Nylon Strong Durable Material & Water Resistance with Faux Leather Trim
- Exterior Side Pocket Provide Easy Access, Strong PU Carrying Handle & Adjustable Padded Shoulder Strap
- Protective PU Corner/Feet , High Quality Nylon and Quality Gold Tone Hardware
- Fully Lined Interior, Mutli Pocket Design for All Your Accessories
- Oversized Dimensions: 20 inch (L) X 14.8 inch (H) X 7.5 inch (W)
This is a luxurious-looking tote bag that is both lightweight and durable, in addition to being fairly large.
- Can be bought in four colors: black, brown, red, and purple.
- Made of high-quality nylon, which is durable and extremely water-resistant. The design also includes a faux leather trim.
- The interior is fully lined and equipped with multiple pockets for easy storage.
- Durable carrying handle, as well as an adjustable padded shoulder strap.
- Weighs 2.4 pounds and measures 20 x 7.5 x 14.8 inches.
5. Everest Luggage Deluxe Shopping Tote
- Dimensions 14" x 7" x 16.5" (LxWxH)
- A large shopping tote offered in a multitude of colors to fit your personal style
- A large main zippered compartment with an additional inner zippered compartment
- Inner bottle holder
- Three front pockets for easy stashing
This travel tote values function over form, and it comes with a variety of pockets for maximum organizational freedom.
- Comes in a staggering number of colors, including red, purple, hot pink, blue, green, and more.
- In addition to its main zippered compartment, it boasts three front pockets for easy access.
- Contains a padded zippered bottom compartment, as well as a detachable coin purse.
- Adjustable double straps allow for maximum comfort while carrying it around.
- Weighs 1.6 pounds and measures 14.2 x 7.1 x 16.5 inches.
6. ECOSUSI Large Nylon Travel Weekend Tote Bag
- Dimension: Length 18.5", Height 11.8", Bottom width 7.8" Top width 5.9"; Length of the zipper opening: 17.3". Weight: 1.8 lb. Perfect carry on size as personal item for most international airlines.
- Large Capacity: 1 main zippered compartment for clothes, water bottles and toiletries, 1 padded Velcro pocket for tablet, iPad, or laptop, 1 inner zippered pocket and 2 slip pockets for wallet, phone, keys and etc, perfect for 2- 3 days weekend or business trips, shopping, beach or daily use.
- Versatile: Detachable and adjustable shoulder strap with shoulder pad, and double top handles(drop 7.8'') for comfortable carrying as a handbag, satchel or crossbody style.
- Travel-friendly Design: Trolley sleeve to slide over a suitcase handle, back zipper pocket for tickets and passport, 4 metal studs on the bottom for wear-resistant.
- Material: Made of water-repellent nylon fabric with vegan leather trim and polyester lining for heavy-duty use. Perfect as a weekender duffle bag, overnight bag or gym bag. Perfect gift choice.
This is a high-quality, elegant bag that’s relatively spacious and contains a variety of pockets.
- Can be purchased in three colors: black, beige, and red.
- Made of high-quality nylon fabric, which is lightweight and possesses water-resistant qualities.
- Fully lined polyester cotton interior, which allows for easy cleaning.
- In addition to the main zippered compartment, it also includes a tablet pocket, one side zippered pocket, and two additional open pockets.
- Weighs 1.9 pounds and measures 16 x 8 x 11 inches.
7. Arrows Weekender Tote Bag by White Elm
- ♥ ORGANIZATION AND STORAGE: 6 total pockets (4 interior open pockets, 2 exterior deep bottle pockets)
- ♥ SPACE TO FIT IT ALL: Large size (19"x15"x6") Fits most breast pumps and pump supplies & great for cloth diapering mamas!
- ♥ TWO WAYS TO CARRY: Use the vegan leather top handles or the adjustable & removable cotton long crossbody strap
- ♥ IT'S WASHABLE!: Made of durable & washable cotton canvas (see cleaning instructions in description)
- ♥ EASY ACCESS TO YOUR THINGS: The magnetic snap closure is easy to close an still allows you access to get what you need quickly
This exceptionally stylish tote comes in a large size and provides you with a large number of pockets for organizational options.
- Comes in a unique, creative design that can be purchased in several colors.
- Contains four open interior pockets and two deep exterior pockets.
- Made of cotton canvas, which is fairly durable and very easy to wash.
- In addition to its leather top handles, it also comes with a removable cotton cross-body strap.
- Weighs 1.2 pounds and comes in a fairly large size, measuring 19 x 6 x 15 inches.
If you’re interested in buying a travel tote, there are a few things you should consider. Are you buying a tote just for yourself, or are you planning on carrying items from multiple people? Do you want a multitude of pockets to organize your items, or are you okay with just tossing everything in? Are you trying to make a bold fashion statement with your bag, or do you only care about how functional it is?
These are all great questions to ask yourself, and answering them will help you find the perfect travel tote for your personal needs. Totes come in all shapes, sizes, designs, and prices, so there’s really something for everyone.
Most reasonably priced totes are made of similar materials, so there’s not a whole lot of variance from bag to bag. That being said, it’s still a good idea to check out what your bag is made of to avoid overpaying for cheap material.
On the other end of the spectrum, some sellers will try charging high prices for “premium” materials that aren’t any better in form or function than their cheaper counterparts.
The vast majority of travel totes are made of nylon, polyester, or canvas. There are pros and cons for each type of material, but in general, the nylon and polyester varieties will be more durable than a bag made from canvas or cloth. The nylon bags also tend to be waterproof, which can be a big benefit in certain situations.
However, if you’re using your tote to make a fashion statement, you might want to grab a canvas bag. In my experience, the canvas totes often sport much more appealing and intricate designs. This is far from an absolute rule, but in general I’d go for a nylon bag if you’re interested in function and a canvas bag if you’re interested in form.
The amount and arrangement of pockets are also things you should look at, although they tend to be minor factors. Some tote styles consist of one single big pouch, while others can have a huge number of interior pockets. If you’re okay with tossing everything into your bag and hoping for a best, the single-pouch style should be fine.
But if you’re going to be packing a variety of items and you’d like them to be conveniently arranged, you should look into a tote that offers a more customizable packing experience.
Travel totes can vary wildly in terms of price, and a lot of it depends on how much you’re willing to spend. Some people are willing to pay more for premium materials or specific brands, while some only care about getting the best deal.
In general, I wouldn’t recommend spending over $100 for a travel tote unless you’re specifically buying it because of its brand or what it’s made of.
On the other hand, I think anything below $15 is a little too cheap for my liking. It’s definitely possible to find a quality tote in that price range, but you run the risk of buying a product that’s cheaply made and poorly constructed. For me, $20-$60 is the ideal price range.